LM7805 Voltage Regulator IC maintains the output voltage at a constant value. 7805 IC, a member of 78xx series of fixed linear voltage regulators used to maintain such fluctuations, is a popular voltage regulator integrated circuit (IC). … 7805 IC provides +5 volts regulated power.
Voltage regulators are very common in electronic circuits.They provide a constant output voltage for a varied input voltage. In our case the 7805 IC is an iconic regulator IC that finds its application in most of the projects. The name 7805 signifies two meaning, “78” means that it is a positive voltage regulator and “05” means that it provides 5V as output. So our 7805 will provide a +5V output voltage.The output current of this IC can go up to 1.5A.
But, the IC suffers from heavy heat loss hence a Heat sink is recommended for projects that consume more current. For example if the input voltage is 12V and you are consuming 1A, then (12-5) * 1 = 7W. This 7 Watts will be dissipated as heat.
LM7805 Voltage Regulator FEATURES:-
- Input voltage range 7V- 35V
- Current rating Ic = 1A
- Output voltage range VMax=5.2V ,VMin=4.8V
- 5V Positive Voltage Regulator
- Minimum Input Voltage is 7V
- Maximum Input Voltage is 25V
- Operating current(IQ) is 5mA
- Internal Thermal Overload and Short circuit current limiting protection is available.
- Junction Temperature maximum 125 degree Celsius
- Available in TO-220 and KTE package