The LM565 OPAMP and LM565C are general purpose phase lockedloops containing a stable, highly linear voltage controlledoscillator for low distortion FM demodulation, and a doublebalanced phase detector with good carrier suppression. TheVCO frequency is set with an external resistor and capacitor,and a tuning range of 10:1 can be obtained with thesame capacitor. The characteristics of the closed loop systemÐbandwidth, response speed, capture and pull inrangeÐmay be adjusted over a wide range with an externalresistor and capacitor. The loop may be broken between theVCO and the phase detector for insertion of a digital frequencydivider to obtain frequency multiplication.The LM565H is specified for operation over the b55§C toa125§C military temperature range. The LM565CN is specifiedfor operation over the 0§C to a70§C temperature range.
FEATURES of LM565 OPAMP:
- 200 ppm/§C frequency stability of the VCO
- Power supply range of g5 to g12 volts with100 ppm/% typical
- 0.2% linearity of demodulated output
- Linear triangle wave with in phase zero crossingsavailable
- TTL and DTL compatible phase detector input andsquare wave output
- Adjustable hold in range from g1% to l g600