Connecting the LCD Display 16*2 with Header to the Raspberry Pi is pretty straightforward. There will be quite a few wires to connect up, but there isn’t anything overly complex.
There is one thing that you should be aware of before you jump in and start assembling the circuit. Since we do not want 5v feeding back into the Pi (Pi’s GPIO pins are rated 3v3) we will need to make the read/write pin of the LCD go to ground.
Features of LCD Display 16*2 with Header:-
1. Pin 1 (Ground) goes to the ground rail.
2. Pin 2 (VCC/5v) goes to the positive rail.
3. Pin 3 (V0) goes to the middle wire of the potentiometer.
4. Pin 4 (RS) goes to GPIO25 (Pin 22).
5. Pin 5 (RW) goes to the ground rail.
6. Pin 6 (EN) goes to GPIO24 (Pin 18).
7. Pin 11 (D4) goes to GPIO23 (Pin 16).
8. Pin 12 (D5) goes to GPIO17 (Pin 11).
9. Pin 13 (D6) goes to GPIO18 (Pin 12).
10. Pin 14 (D7) goes to GPIO22 (Pin 15).