L293D DC Motor Driver Shield of Arduino compatible multipurpose. Can be used for driving DC, stepper and servo motors.This is the clone of the popular Adafruit Motor shield. All the libraries and tutorials for that adafruit motor shield are also compatible with this one.Link of adfruit motor shield. Arduino library can be downloaded.
Features of L293D DC Motor Driver Shield:
• 2 connections for 5V ‘hobby’ servos connected to the Arduino’s
high-resolution dedicated timer – no jitter!
• Up to 4 bi-directional DC motors with individual 8-bit speed selection (so,
about 0.5% resolution)
• Up to 2 stepper motors (unipolar or bipolar) with single coil, double coil,
interleaved or micro-stepping.
• 4 H-Bridges: L293D chipset provides 0.6A per bridge (1.2A peak) with
thermal shutdown protection, 4.5V to12V
• Pull down resistors keep motors disabled during power-up
• Big terminal block connectors to easily hook up wires (10-22AWG) and
• Arduino reset button brought up top
• 2-pin terminal block to connect external power, for separate logic/motor
• Tested compatible with Mega, UNO& Duemilanove
• Dimensions: 69mm x 53mm x 14.3mm (2.7in x 2.1in x 0.6in)
How to Use Arduino L293D DC Motor Driver Shield ?
1.While using this shield 6 analog Pins (which can be used as digital pins too), pin 2 and pin 13 of arduino are free.
2.In the case of using Servo motor, pins 9, 10, 2 are in use.
3.In the case of using DC motor, pin11 for #1, pin3 for #2, pin5 for #3, pin6 for #4 and pins 4, 7, 8 and 12 for all of them are in use.
4.In the case of using Stepper motor, pins 11 and 3 for #1, pins 5 and 6 for #2 and pins 4, 7, 8 and 12 for all of them are in use.
5.You can use free pins by wired connections.
6.If you are applying separate power supply to Arduino and shield, make sure you have disconnected the jumper on the shield.
If you can buy more components as liek
Do You want to get industrial electrical, electronics, robotics and PLC Course?
Online course: SIGMATECHPATHSHALA.COM