The HC-12 is a half-duplex 20 dBm (100 mW) transmitter paired with a receiver that has -117 dBm (2×10-15W) sensitivity at 5000 bps.
Paired with an external antenna, these transceivers are capable of communicating up to and possibly slightly beyond 1 km in the open and are more than adequate for providing coverage throughout a typical house.
The HC-12 circuit board is built around the STM8S003F3 microcontroller and the Si4463 transceiver.
- wireless serial port communication
- SI4463 RF chip
- Can be configured using AT commands
- Maximum output power is 100mW (20dBm)
- Receiver sensitivity differs from -117dBm to -100dBm
- It accepts 3.2V-5.5V and can be used with 3.3V and 5V UART voltage devices (3.3V safe).